Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Digital release conflict news

Apparently I fucked up this line. Sorry about that. Grab this image and add it to your archive.
Mere hours after I posted volumes 27 and 28, VlZ went and announced they were releasing part 3 digitally. This is good news because English JoJo and bad news because a) I don't want to waste a ton of time doing work professionals already are and b) supporting localized JoJo is great blah blah etc. So unless this digital campaign fails to launch or is discontinued somewhere down the line, I may not be doing part 3 scans. Maybe just a couple scans of the censored pages.


Despite this, I have serious doubts that this digital release will ever be successful enough to get us up to part 6. Even if it does, it'll take them ages. So I'm still going ahead with redoing the first three volumes of part 6.
ONCE AGAIN I'D LIKE TO IMPLORE THE INTERNET TO TELL ME WHAT TRANSLATION FIXES NEED TO BE MADE TO THESE VOLUMES, because I'm not a translator, do not have a translator, and am going to be going off of the old scans for dialogue. As it's been proven to me that they occasionally miss great lines ("This is the greatest high!" and the aforementioned icicle bit).

7 comments:

  1. The first three volumes of S.O. are going to take awhile, so we'll see what happens with the digital release during that time. The reason I'm doing any of this is because I would love a complete set of HQ scans of the entire series and I'm sick of waiting for other people to do it. If there ends up being significant issues with the digital run that get between me and that goal, I'll reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need any help redoing the early bits of S.O.? I've been interested in doing something like that for a little while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you're a translator, there aren't really any other positions to fill. I appreciate the offer though.

      Delete
  3. Anon-scans is going to upload volume 17.

    So we still miss from 18 to 26 :(

    Is there any chance to see them?

    Otherwise, for Stone Ocean, only one request for the moment: what Jolyne did in the first place was....well, masturbating. Could you make it clear in the new translation, please? :D thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, if there are significant issues with the digital reprinting, absolutely. Let's just say I'm really anal about my JoJo and my DRM free access to it, so make of that what you will.

      Delete
  4. Also, for Stone Ocean, I want to remind this:

    http://www.mediafire.com/Arakicollection#h20835m5nc68u

    Part 6 colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I had to go and forget about these until I wasted a bunch of time doing super difficult cleans/spread joins for pages that had color variants. Thanks for the reminder, I'll see to it that they're included in the volume.

      Delete